Thanks to the support of all members of the Literary Network of the Belt and Road, the official website of LNBR, www.brliterature.com, has gained a lot of influence in China and abroad. In order to expand its role as a platform of joint contribution and shared benefits, the Secretariat of LNBR would like to call for the following contributions:
- Book recommendation. We welcome writers, editors, critics and publishers to recommend good books/literary journals/authors from your country, especially under the theme of the Belt and Road or mutual understanding. The recommendation, preferably less than 3, 000 words per article, may include the book’s background, summary, highlights, brief comments and links of purchase or sharing if available.
- Original works. We welcome original poems, essays, short stories, non-fiction, children’s literature, sci-fi works, etc. that convey the Silk Road Spirit and the spirit of solidarity for mankind. Works suitable for the website might be full-length or extracted, preferably within 10, 000 words each.
- Literary discussions. We welcome writers, critics, experts and readers from your countries to share your views and comments on literature-related topics such as cross-culture understanding, literary translation and cooperation, messages under different literature works, or general topics on People-to-people ties along the Belt and Road. Discussions can be put in forms of interviews, correspondance or records of web-discussions, each article being less than 5000 words preferably.
- Essays less than 5, 000 words written by writers, readers and people of cultural circles about the literare or culture in general, such as stories of literature/history/culture/figures, literary sketches, cultural travelogue, etc.
- Multimedia content. Pictures, photos, 15-minute audios/videos of reciting or performing poetry or other literature works, with brief introduction and appreciative comments.
- Literary news. News, reports, announcements and notices around 3, 000 words on literary activities, prizes, publications or academic developments in your countries.
All the above contributions shall be authorized by the authors/copyright holders for online release by our website for non-profit purpose. For the contributions suitable for online release, we will bear the expenses of their translation into Chinese and give them wide publicity among Chinese readers, including official magazines, journals and websites of the China Writers Association. As a token of acknowledgement, we will also issue the author with a certificate of acknowledgement and some remuneration through appropriate channels. When conditions are ripe, we also hope to compile collections of Belt and Road literary works in book forms.
Editorial advisors needed: In order to fulfil the mission of LNBR as a platform of mutual consultation and sharing, we would like to form a collaborative editorial board with advisors from different countries, so that we could jointly plan, solicit, select and organize the content of our shared website. If there is any candidate, please mail the name, title and contact information to:email@example.com.
All of your support will be greatly appreciated.